My Rootstech Journey! February 4th, 2016 Thursday - Day 2

my true roots
Thursday at Rootstech



My Journey to Rootstech


Thursday February 4th, 2016

Day 2 at Rootstech 2016.

Morning: I went to General Session. I met CEO Steve Rockwood of Family Search.
Photo was taken by some good folks at AncestorCloud. Please take a look at their website. They were so good to me throughout Rootstech. I can't wait to use their Site! 

                                  Me in RED! lol. 
http://ancestorcloud.com/#/
© AncestorCloud.com 




Jana Last of Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog asked me to be on the "sofa chat" with her Interview in the Media Hub. I sat right beside Jill Ball of GeniAus. I was in the right place at the right time. Thanks Jana! for this special memory and AncestorCloud for this Gift. 

 Paula Madison on her Inspiring Story on her Grandfather Samuel Lowe. I ran into people all day long. You must get your Selfie or Speak to them as you see your Gen Buddies.

 It's such a busy time you don't know if you'll run into them again. I took every opportunity I could to speak to so many people who's blogs and products I follow. I just didn't want it to go unnoticed that I enjoy and appreciate their Work. Deep inside I was hoping and happy when I did get a 2nd chance. 

I got to meet the Youngest Ambassador for Rootstech Ruby Baird by chance as I was turning the corner. Her mother was very gracious when I asked if it was okay to take a picture. She even took it for me. So sweet! ❤︎. Very bright young lady. 

Ambassador Ruby Baird and My True Roots


Afternoon: I spent all afternoon in the Exhibit Hall! My last post you will see all the photos I took from that. From Innovators Alley and beyond. Soda and Water was FREE everyday! They had food vendors everywhere. I was steady grubbing. I'll also ran around the Exhibit Hall meeting Innovators. Leaving my address labels with Vendors for drawings. Everything was catching my eye. In the Genealogy World we call them BSO's. I was BSO'ed out ALL DAY long. There was always something around making me go to get a closer look. So glad I did.....you'll see what I mean in my wrap up post. 


my true roots
Geneabloggers Group Photo for 2016


At 1:00pm after Lunch ALL Geneabloggers! had a Group photo. I was taking a deep breath taking it all in being around all my fellow bloggers. The camera dude caught me right at the moment! I'm the only one with my eyes closed and wearing Thomas MacEntees' Crown. Can you believe that? I was in my Moment!



I had 3 Tracks 

D. Joshua Taylor: RT2486 / Genealogical & Historical Societies to the Rescue

Geoff Rasmussen: RT2248 / Navigating the New Google Photos

Angela Walton-Raji: RT2389 / Native American Genealogy in 19th and 20th Century

4:20 I had appointment with Family Chartmasters! They will do my Ivery Family Tree ready for 2017 in Orlando, Florida. 

my true roots
Janet was Wonderful


Evening: I was hungry! and running to Elevations to meet AAGHS African American Genealogy Historical Society Members attending Rootstech with Jim Ison, Manager of Family Search and David Rencher, Family Search. 


my true roots
AAGHS Members with Jim Ison & David Rencher - Chief Genealogist for Family Search



That conversation and all the information and connections going back and forth. I was amazed. I have to Thank them for including me. I learned so much just in that dinner conversation full of knowledge and resources.  The ins and outs of exhaustive research.  I was so impressionable. WoW.  

I was still filled with excitement late into the night. Tomorrow came soon...

Day 2  was awesome!

Gotta Go and prepare Day 3! See ya Soon! 

Don't forget to use the #Rootstech anywhere and you can find interesting things about the Conference. 

Note to Myself: Don't forget True to Add from your Diary as you remember to this blog post. I know you have Notes scattered all over the place.


Link to Day 1 









No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Printfriendly